I’ve seen conservative idiots come to the defense of charles and david koch – typically by trying to compare them to george soros. Lets compare the two.
– Fund many propaganda firms (“think tanks”), such as Cato Institute and Heritage Foundation - Fund front groups to protect their identity, while attempting to create a “grass roots” seeming organization. - Koch Industries constantly ignores environment laws, while poisoning those unfortunate enough to live in proximity. - Would like to end medicare, social security, environmental laws, regulations in general and taxes in general.
– Helped build the pro-Tobacco anti-tax tea party, and helped gin up fake outrage over americans getting HEALTH INSURANCE, with their fake grassroots organizatoins.
– He played a significant role in the peaceful transition from communism to capitalism in Hungary - Soros is the chairman of the Open Society Foundations
– Donated $23.5 million to try and defeat GWB in 2004 (Soros was not a large donor to US political causes until the 2004 presidential election) - In August 2009, Soros donated $35 million to the state of New York to be ear-marked for under-privileged children
– Donated to fund the campaign in California for medical marjijuana, and again with a legalization effort - Donated 1 million to Obama’s superpac (about 0.25% of what the koch brothers have admitted to spending on 2012’s elections)
To further illustrate the impact of the koch brothers, the following graphic from Washington Post shows ads by just ONE koch brother front group, pushing their extreme fascist agenda on the United States.
Here is the way brain-washed conservatives view the deficit, thanks to some lame propaganda from the koch-brother funded heritage foundation.
Google has enabled their lies, as the heritage foundation page displaying this deceiving graphic as the first result for “obama bush deficit”, for years. Its still near the top.
What would a more honest deficit chart look like?
One that includes the cost of the wars? Do you notice that the deficit improves under (D) presidents, while it blows up under (R)’s? Good, you can read a chart.
Part of the problem with the heritage foundation chart above is that they are comparing two measures of the deficit. One with an honest financial cost of the wars (obama’s), and one that hides the war’s cost (bush’s). The first version of the graphic included “under bush” and “under obama”, but that was too honest (though still too nuanced for conservatives to understand).
You couldn’t miss the whines about “spending” for the first four years of Obama’s presidency.
Nevermind that the “spending” con propagandists were whining about was roughly 0% obamna’s spending.
But since the deficit has been reduced faster than any president in 60+ years, (R)’s and their pathetic propagandists have switched their whines to focus on the debt.
What they are hoping their idiot supporters don’t realize, is that the deficit feeds the debt.
Do you understand what that means, clowns?
It means the debt added per year (deficit) without Obama is greater than the debt is now with Obama’s policies.
But you’ll still hear desperate attempts from right wing anti-american BS artists, complaining about the debt.
They’ll also lie and say Obama promised to reduce the debt.
Wouldn’t that be something? If Obama was able to completely fix the 1.2 trillion dollar deficit that GWB left? With enough of a surplus that we’d reduce the debt itself?
Obama did promise to cut the deficit in half.
That has been done.
Deficit hawks are quiet now that they really can’t whine about the deficit (of their own making).
How stupid are conservatives? They think the deficit has grown under Obama. Can you believe that? 1.2 trillion before Obama to half that amount this year means the deficit is growing to mentally ill conservatives. Conservatives have exclusive ownership of the idiot gene.